Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Mandrake 10.0 RC1 and i810

OK, I re-installed my trusty Dell Inspiron 2500 with Mandrake last night. Not pretty.

The installer flickers and jumps (but I can live with that) and to be fair there are known issues with MDK 10 on i810.

The worst part was X. I seem to have to need to modprobe intel-agp (or after googling you can see on the cooker list that you should add intel-agp to /etc/modprobe.preload) before I can start X.

Next steps are get rid of the KDE login crud (done: vi /etc/sysconfig/desktop) and try and get my prism54 card working once more.

Oh, and why is grub so ugly on MDK? We want splash screens!

Worst of all: where are all the packages? It seems to have ignored my package selection at install time. C'est la vie. Update: No, they are there, I just needed to rebuild my menus. (04 March 2004).

No comments: